We Have Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
December 11th, 2014
At Patriot Timber we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and extensive product knowledge. Our team has 150 years of experience that guarantees we will understand your needs and be able to provide up-to-date, accurate information.
We’ve come up with a list of the most frequently asked questions to assist with all applications of your plywood underlayment panels.
1. Question: For plywood underlayment applications, which side of the panel goes down against the floor?
Answer: Install the panels with the label facing the structural subfloor.
2. Question: For plywood underlayment applications, can screws be used when fastening the panels to the subfloor?
Answer: Yes, you can use galvanized flathead wood screws, but not drywall screws. The screw should have a minimum 3/16” head and should not penetrate through the bottom of the subfloor.
3. Question: What should be the length of the selected fastener?
Answer: You should choose a fastener length so that it does not penetrate through the bottom of the subfloor regardless of whether you use nails, staples, or screws.
4. Question: How long should the plywood underlayment panels acclimate at the installation site before use?
Answer: The panels should be in a heated home environment of approximately 70 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 to 48 hours before they are installed.
5. Question: Should the plywood underlayment panels be glued to the subfloor?
Answer: No, gluing the panels to the subfloor can cause problems such as a tack and release floor that crackles when you walk across it.
6. Question: Can plywood underlayment panels be used in exterior applications?
Answer: Although all of our plywood underlayment panels are manufactured with an exterior glue none can be used in a direct exterior exposure application. RevolutionPly® panels can be used in interior applications only while SurePly® Plywood Underlayment and IronPly® Plywood Underlayment can be used in interior and weather-protected applications.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-299-7755. Our dedicated customer service team will be standing by to assist you.