Happy Earth Day!
April 22nd, 2014
Today is Earth Day! Today, over one billion people will take action to protect our planet. We at Patriot Timber Products, Inc. are committed to protecting our planet by enhancing the health and diversity of the world’s forests.
For this reason, our company places the highest priority on promoting long-term, sustainable forestry management, including:
- Operating with sensitivity to forest ecosystems and the lives and cultures of the people living in such
- Sourcing from suppliers with a known commitment to responsible forestry
- Utilizing species that originate from sustainable forest resources
- Supporting organizations such as The Global Forest & Trade Network, which is WWF’s leading initiative to eliminate illegal logging and drive improvements in forest management. GFTN links more than 300 companies, communities, NGOs, and entrepreneurs in over 30 countries around the world, with the goal of expanding the market for environmentally responsible forest products.
- Requiring suppliers to provide documentation showing compliance with both international and their own country’s environmental management standards
- Establishing regular monitoring timetables for suppliers to ensure satisfactory environmental performance
- Patriot Timber Products received FSC® CoC Certification through the Rainforest Alliance
- Compliance with the regulations of the Lacey Act in order to ensure the wood we import is
sourced, produced and traded in an environmentally responsible and legal manner
- CARB Certification – we independently test all of our CARB products to ensure they meet CARB Standards
Our industry will continue to grow only if timber and related products are available for decades to come. Go Green with the Patriot Timber family of panel products!